Ahh a new month, fresh opportunities to set new goals and prepare for the season ahead.
- Plant some seeds! Either literally or figuratively or both. How nice to watch your dreams come to fruition as you watch your little seeds break through the soil and put on tiny leaves and buds. Set some goals and get your hands in the dirt.
- Declutter! Clutter can cause anxiety, inhibit creativity, and let’s face it, the more clutter you have around, the more time you will waste trying to find anything! Now is the time to go through your closets, your drawers, etc. and organize it all into three piles: things to keep, things to trash, things to donate. Never use a rented storage building as long term storage for anything that isn’t increasing in value.
- Deep clean! Now is the time to wash down your walls and cabinets, mop those floors and follow up with some Florida water, vacuum and steam clean the carpets, vinegar wash your mirrors and windows. Don’t forget to change your ac filters, they’re probably full of pollen this time of year. Finish it off with a nice smudge of white sage or palo santo. While your still in the scrubbing zone, do your car/bicycle/motorcycle/scooter or what have you.
- Banish those bad habits! I know I for one definitely have a list of things I need to do away with, like staying up too late, not always being mindful of what I put in my body, procrastinating on projects and chores. Write them on a bay leaf and burn it away.
- Visualize! Close your eyes and imagine your dreams and goals for this month coming true. Picture how you will look. Think about how you will feel. Now connect the dots to get from where you are now to where you want to be. See yourself going through the steps. Manifest!